Apple pie is one of the best desserts in the world. You can certainly taste a mouthful and immediately feel stuffed as you eat it. The greatest apple pies always have ice cream and a few cinnamon flakes to elevate the taste even further.
What’s amazing about apple pies is how they are made. Sure, they aren’t the easiest to bake unlike other baked goods, but once you master how to make one, you’ll be baking them all the time!
Are you ready to make the best apple pie yet? Here is Spoonful’s easy and delicious apple pie recipe to help you create one of the world’s best desserts ever.
- Peeled apples (4 medium)
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat your oven at 425°F. Fill a 9-inch glass pie pan halfway with 1 pie crust. Pressure should be applied to both the top and bottom of the body.
- Filling ingredients should be gently mixed in a large basin before being spooned into a pie dish lined with pie crust. Place the second crust on top. Flute after sealing the edges with a push of the top and bottom crust edges. In numerous spots on the top crust, cut slits or other forms.
- It should take 40-45 minutes to cook until the apples are soft and the crust is crispy. After the first 15 minutes of baking, cover the crust’s edge with 2.5 to 3 inches wide sheets of foil to avoid excessive burning. Cool for at least two hours on a baking sheet before serving.
Tips to perfecting the recipe
- During baking, the flour used with the fresh apples thickens the liquids into a flavorful sauce. Before adding the apples, combine the sugar and spices in a bowl.
- If speed is of the essence, two cans of extra fruit apple pie filling (21 ounces each) can be substituted.
- When slicing into your apple pie, let it rest for at least two hours. As it cools, the mixture will solidify and become easier to cut.
- Before serving, sprinkle 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping on top of the Caramel-Pecan Apple Pie. 2-4 tablespoons finely chopped nuts are a nice finishing touch.
- To thaw, bake the pie according to the instructions in the recipe. Completely cool down. Wrap the pie in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Seal pie in a 2-gallon storage bag for later use in the freezer.
Up to four months of food may be frozen. Thaw the pie overnight in the refrigerator to reheat. Removing the bag and plastic wrap. Take out of the oven and let it cool a few minutes before serving.
If you enjoyed this amazing apple pie recipe, then visit Spoonful’s site to see more amazing blogs and articles that teach you how to make the perfect desserts that taste amazing!